BAE Systems is seeking exceptional Cybersecurity Analysts to support the Air Force's Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) programs. Please note, this is a pipeline position used to collect resumes from interested applicants. You will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team as positions that match your skill set and job level become funded and available. Even if you are not currently available, you are encouraged to apply and keep your Cybersecurity resume on file.
Why BAE Systems? BAE Systems is the third largest defense contractor in the world with an exceptional, mission-focused culture. The 800+ BAE Systems employees and sub-contractors located at Hill Air Force Base, Utah are closely aligned to the United States Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center. We support the Center in sustaining the existing Minuteman III (MM III) weapon system and acquiring its replacement, the Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD). We are a uniquely-valued mission partner delivering daily technical excellence and innovative solutions to our government customers. BAE Systems has earned accolades as a "Top Workplace" in Utah based on employee feedback for three consecutive years, earning special distinction for providing a healthy work-life balance for our valued employees. We work very hard to ensure this is a great place to work!
Why Utah? You've got to see it to believe it! Utah is an amazing state with diverse geography, an eclectic culture and an exceptional quality of life. We are located north of Salt Lake City at the foot of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains. The area offers an incredible range of outdoors pursuits across the seasons including hiking, climbing, hunting, fishing, camping, boating and world-class skiing at resorts that hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics. The state is home to five amazing National Parks and an easy drive from two more; Grand Teton and, famously, the first National Park in the world, Yellowstone. The Salt Lake City area offers a vast array of cultural activities and businesses including multiple professional sports teams. It is a western states hub for exceptional, cutting-edge medical care with people traveling from across the region for a range of nationally renowned specialty care centers and doctors. The Salt Lake International Airport is expanding and offers easy, direct access to just about anywhere you want to fly.
Tell me about this job. The Cybersecurity Analyst will support the Air Force's Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system and the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program.
This position works with Senior Information System Security Manager (ISSM), Information System Security Officers (ISSO), Program Managers (PM), and Authorizing Official (AO) representatives to obtain and maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) approvals for various ICBM weapon subsystems and supporting IT systems. This includes system categorization and control identification, implementation, and assessment. This position is responsible for cybersecurity efforts for one or more assigned programs.
This position provides the opportunity to develop and hone communication, customer relationship, and leadership skills while working with a close-knit fun-loving team of other cybersecurity professionals.
The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with the desire to make a difference. The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as cybersecurity technical advisor, consultant, and primary point of contact to the Authorizing Official (AO), Program Manager (PM), and Information System Owner (ISO)
- Fulfills the ISSM responsibilities defined by the DoD
- Coordinating and negotiating
- Conducting offensive architecture analysis and design of defense-in-depth solutions
- Leading the development of system security plans including, security concepts of operation, risk management matrix, security control traceability matrix, security test procedures, and plan of action and milestones
- Analyzing vulnerability assessments to validate system compliance with established Security Technical Information Guidelines (STIGS)
- Leading and coordinating security test event teams to achieve accreditation milestones
- Verifying and validating vulnerability resolutions and/or mitigations
- Analyzing static code scans and dynamic code scans to detect software vulnerabilities
- Reviewing all technical changes to determine security relevance
- Supporting proposal activities, developing innovative cyber solutions and developing accurate cost estimates
This position is located at 6008 Wardleigh Rd, Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Please note, pursuant to Government contract, this position requires US Citizenship.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Cybersecurity or IT work experience and/or education
- Final position level will be determined by experience and education.
- Able to obtain a U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Previous RMF experience (or DIACAP) or experience as an ISSM/ISSO
- DoD 8570 IAM Level III certification (e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), etc.) or ability to obtain such within 6 months of being hired
- Other cyber certifications (ISSAP-CISSP, ISSEP-CISSP, CCSP, CEH, OSCP, etc.) desired but not required
- Experience or knowledge of cybersecurity, networks, system components, system protocols, COTS technology, and software development
- Experience developing external customer relationships and ability to communicate cybersecurity concepts and requirements with senior leaders
- Effective organizational, time management, and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and organize daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) commensurate with expected mid- to senior-level civilian and military participants from various U.S. Government agencies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.