BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst in support of the Air Force's next-generation Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system. This will be a long term project with the weapon system anticipated to remain operational until 2075 - you can contribute to a critical initiative that will provide protection through deterrence for generations yet to come!
This position will work with Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to assess the impacts of vulnerabilities, develop and implement mitigation plans, and document all findings. The position also performs testing to validate established security requirements, recommends additional security requirements and safeguards, supports the formal testing required by government accrediting authorities, prepares System Security Plans, updates Plans of Action and Milestones, reviews system audits, and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
This position is part of a matrixed organization and has responsibility for ensuring that appropriate policies, standards, procedures, and automated mechanisms designed to appropriately protect the security of information are documented, implemented, and followed to ensure long-term consistency.
The Cybersecurity team supports compliance assessment, monitoring, CNO, CND and CNE for current and future weapon systems, government IS and commercial IS.
The successful candidate will have a broad experience base in Information Technologies and Cybersecurity and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with the energy and motivation to make a difference. Knowledge of the DoD's Cybersecurity processes (DIACAP and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF)) is a plus.
- Build collaborative internal relationships with program and project teams, as well as external relationships with customers, regulatory bodies, other agencies and business partners.
- Assist the ICBM Airborne Launch Control System Replacement (ALCS-R) program in capturing and refining information protection requirements, integrating those requirements into system designs, ensuring program compliance with government requirements, laying the groundwork for and developing documentation to support an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Evaluate gaps in security and identify solutions to mitigate risk, including business processes, technical controls, or policy improvements. Validate that activities and controls enacted to secure information are assessed.
- Develop security practices that embody industry standards, best practices and DoD requirements.
- Prepare and present training activities, materials, awareness programs that encourage proper security practices.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years work experience (1+ years with a Master's degree).
- Active DoD security clearance and eligible for upgrade.
- Demonstrated leadership, human relations, and effective communications skills.
- Prior experience working with senior management, both internal and external, including technical and business based briefings.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an IS related capacity that includes a technical understanding of computer networks, hardware, databases, applications, security components, computer operations, and operating system maintenance.
- Security+, CAP, CISM, CISSP or other equivalent certification
- Understanding of the DoD environment and familiarity with government agency reviews and audits.
- Experience with the DoD, DIACAP and/or RMF process and requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including high-level presentation abilities.
- The ability to mediate contentious situations and develop consensus. A demonstrated history building bridges across organizational boundaries and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical persons in management across a large, complex organization.
- An individual with high integrity and capable of building strong, trusting relationships.
- Experience in a matrix organization.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top