Cyber Solutions Architect (R&D)
BAE Systems is seeking a Cyber Solutions Architect for Security Operations Center (SOC) and Cyber Defense Research and Development (R&D). The sector seeks to modernize our customer enterprises with innovative security technology. Job duties include leading investment efforts evaluating, and demonstrating new-to-market, next-generation cyber security products for inclusion in our customer's enterprises, and developing winning technical and business solutions for key proposals and business captures. This role will also pivot to support Cyber Ranges (these are environments that host offensive and defensive cyber operations, using secure virtual containment). The successful candidate will be familiar with IT security products and their use across the entire enterprise, and be able to articulate this clearly. This is a technical role supporting both R&D and new business capture for Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) customers. The role requires excellent in-personal communication skills and will regularly interface with company and government leadership. The role will: document as-is and to-be technical architectures for cyber technical systems, brief new technical architectures to executives, write white papers that advocate new mission capability, conduct analysis of alternatives for technical components in cyber systems, architect and manage R&D activity and provide direction to R&D program staff, perform technical material estimates (hardware and software), contribute proposal technical volume writing, and support other capture activities as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 15 years of working experience
- 7 years of experience with cybersecurity and information assurance including cyber defense, SOC, or cyber range technologies
- 7 years of experience architecting hardware and/or software systems and enterprise systems
- Experience in supporting large-scale proposal efforts and in writing major proposal volumes involving the development of novel or innovative solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge of technical system architectures for supporting cyber defense
- Demonstrable knowledge of DoD, IC, or civilian federal agency cyber customer mission
- Very strong technical engineering and architectural skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proposal development skills
- Requirements analysis & customer shaping skills
- 3 years of experience with one or more of: VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, Azure, or AWS.
- 3 years of experience with at least a few of: Active Directory, ADFS, Splunk, Symantec, McAfee, BlueCoat, ProofPoint, PaloAlto, Cisco, F5, Tanium, Cylance, Carbon Black, ForcePoint, RedSeal, RSA, or Kali Linux security technologies.
- 3 years of experience using scanning and troubleshooting tools: Wireshark, NMAP, Nessus, Retina
- The ideal candidate will not necessarily deep in all topics, but instead will have broad systems-level understanding of various technical systems and be able to articulate their application and use in engineering SIGINT cyber technologies in order to achieve the mission of the customer.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training/certification, or work/military experience. Armed services trained technical personnel are highly welcomed.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top