Cyber Security Specialist II
- Summerville, SC
BAE is expanding their support of the US Navy. Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Atlantic requires resources to support the cyber security posture of these systems including scanning, patching, managing, remediating, testing, and distributing cybersecurity elements.
The candidate will provide support in the integration, testing, installation, and troubleshooting of Navy subsystems. BAE is looking for motivated, adaptable individuals with a background in cybersecurity, able to travel CONUS and OCONUS willing and able to execute on mission critical operations in support of the NIWC.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Key criteria for candidates in the position consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Experience using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scanner, or NESSUS scanner
- Experience managing and reporting using Vulnerability Remediation Asset Management (VRAM)
- Experience utilizing DISA STIGs to harden and secure network and security devices
- Experience using Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Have knowledge and/or experience with performing System Operational Verification Tests (SOVTs)
- Have experience and/or knowledge of requirements gathering and analysis conducted during survey efforts
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Be articulate in redlining current processes and procedures aiding future installation efforts
- Ability to work with virtualized assets such as VMs in VMware
- Six (6) years of experience in relevant technical field, to include: Systems administration, security analyst, cybersecurity analyst, network administration, or systems analyst
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top