Cyber Security, Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- San Diego, CA
This position is the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for a highly dynamic program portfolio. The ISSO maintains all Information Assurance compliance needs for the programs, as well as collaborating with other security teams to ensure consistent operations across the function. In addition, this position acts as a backup to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM). This position is required by contract. With impending inspections and a continuous need for security support within the program, not having this position filled will place a burden on the compliance milestones set forth by DoD manuals and NISPOM Requirements.
Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Managed Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• IAM Level I certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements (or ability to obtain certification within 6 months)
• High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
• Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision.
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
• Experience with auditing and certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux, Network Devices and peripherals).
• Experience with the preparation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
• Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
• Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC).
• Experience with the review and creation of mitigation reports from compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC).
• Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives
• Experience with conducting all aspects of a self-inspection
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top