Cyber Security, Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Jumpstart your career as a cybersecurity professional with BAE Systems, supporting and protecting information systems critical to national security at one of the leading companies in Aerospace and Defense. Develop your Information Assurance (IA) career through hands on application, work with seasoned professionals, and a training and development plan designed to grow your skills in a fast paced, team-based environment.
If you are looking to learn, influence, and help develop top cyber technologies, applications, and processes that protect and service our customers wherever they may be air, land, and sea come join our award-winning security team here at Electronic Systems (ES).
Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Managed Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications.
Work Schedule 800 - 1730
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or 6 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
Active Secret Clearance
• IAM Level I certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements (or ability to obtain certification within 6 months)
• High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
• Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision.
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), and program personnel
Preferred Skills and Education
• Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
• Experience with auditing and certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux, Network Devices and peripherals).
• Experience with the preparation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
• Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
• Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC).
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top