Cyber Security, Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
Jumpstart your career as a cybersecurity professional with BAE Systems, supporting and protecting information systems critical to national security at one of the leading companies in Aerospace and Defense. Develop your Information Assurance (IA) career through hands on application, work with seasoned professionals, and a training and development plan designed to grow your skills in a fast paced, team-based environment.
If you are looking to learn, influence, and help develop top cyber technologies, applications, and processes that protect and service our customers wherever they may be air, land, and sea come join our award-winning security team here at Electronic Systems (ES).
Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Managed Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications.
Safeguards networks against unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. Researches, evaluates, designs, tests, recommends, communicates, and implements new security software or devices. Implements, enforces, communicates, and may develop internet, network, or other information security policies or security plans for data, internet, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and computer installations.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
- MUST have an active DoD Top Secret security clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain additional security accesses
- IAM Level II certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
- Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong organizational abilities
- Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives
- Demonstrated ability to create Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures that resulted in an ATO
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Run and maintain the entire information assurance program for more complex efforts or area
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Experience with auditing and certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux, Network Devices and peripherals)
- Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
- Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC)
- Experience with the review and creation of mitigation reports from compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC)
- Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives
- Experience with conducting all aspects of a self-inspection
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top