Cyber Security Engineer -System Admin
BAE Systems is looking for a Cyber security/Information Assurance Engineer. The qualified candidate will be working on the security engineering team supporting engineering activities in a rapid development environment to support the development, application, and maintenence of the computer security technologies, cyber security and information assurance management techniques to DoD and Intelligence Community systems.
Tasks may include: supporting cyber system engineering activities in an administrative role; supporting Assessment and Authorization activities for DoD and Intelligence Systems in accordance with Risk Management Framework(RMF) and ICD-503 guidelines in administration role; Developing and accessing system security plans including security test plan and procedures, and plan of action and milestones; analyzing vulnerability assessments to validate system compliance with RMF controls and DISA Security Technical Information Guidelines (STIGs); Verifying and validating vulnerability resolutions and/or milestones; participating in security test events to achieve accreditation milestones.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience • 12+ year(s) related experience
Required Skills and Education
• US Citizenship and active security clearance by the Federal Government
• CompTIA Security+, Computing Environment or equivalent certification
- Demonstrated expertise in virtualized environments configuration, management and administration
- Proficient in vulnerability assessment and reporting
- Extensive experience with traditional cyber tools: ACAS Nessus, HBSS, SCAP Scanner, STIG Viewer
- Experience managing storage technologies and multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud/virtual environments
- Experience managing server OS and storage technologies for replication, distribution, availability, recovery and development
- Experience with secure databases, database security, centralized authentication, web-based GUI and layered network security
- Familiar with concepts necessary to administer and maintain an accreditable system in a secure virtual/cloud computing environment
- Have skills to support ISSEs in the technical aspects of authorization development
- Recover user files following system events
- perform maintenance operations on user data stored on servers and in virtual environments
- Ability to communicate effectively with higher level managers, functional managers, users and teammates
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
• Linux and/or Windows administration expertise
- Experience with cloud and cross domain solution accreditations
- Knowledge of Point of Presence Cloud environments
- Experience with audit reviews
- Ability to obtain higher level cyber security certifications (i.e. CISSP)
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top