Cyber Security Engineer - Information Assurance
BAE Systems is looking for a Cyber security/Information Assurance Engineer. The qualified candidate will be working on the security engineering team supporting engineering activities in a rapid development environment to support the specification, development, and application of the computer security technologies, cyber security and information assurance management techniques to DoD and Intelligence Community systems.
Tasks may include: Leading cyber system engineering activities; leading Assessment and Authorization activities for DoD and Intelligence Systems in accordance with Risk Management Framework(RMF) and ICD-503 guidelines; Supporting offensive architecture analysis and design of defense-in-depth solutions; Developing and accessing system security plans including security concept of operations, risk management matrix, security control traceability matrix, security test plan and procedures, and plan of action and milestones; analyzing vulnerability assessments to validate system compliance with RMF controls and DISA Security Technical Information Guidelines (STIGs); Analyzing static code scans and dynamic code scans to validate application security and development STIG compliance; Verifying and validating vulnerability resolutions and/or milestones; leading security test events to achieve accreditation milestones and support proposal and cost estimate activities.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Bachelor's degree in engineering/technical discipline, and typically 12+ year(s) related experience
• US Citizenship and ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
• ISC2 CISSP certification or equivalent certification
- Demonstrated expertise in national Cybersecurity policies, DoD or Intelligence Community Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes and procedures
- Proficient in vulnerability assessment, control allocation and risk mitigation
- Extensive experience with traditional A&A tools: ACAS Nessus, HBSS, Xacta, eMASS, SCAP Scanner, HP Fortify, WebInspect, STIG Viewer
- Understanding of offensive security tactics, techniques and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership skills (supervisory experience, building teams, building customer relationships)
- Ability to negotiate effectively with higher level managers, functional managers, customers, industry partners, and teammates
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and lead teams
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong mentoring skills
• Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering or related discipline
• Knowledge of Agile management tools (e.g., SAFe Agile, Kanban, etc.)
- Other cyber certifications (ISSAP-CISSP, ISSEP-CISSP, CCSP, CEH, OSCP, etc)
- Experience with offensive architecting, threat modeling and attack vector analysis
- Experience with cloud and cross domain solution accreditations
- Experience with Cyber FMECA
- Experience writing proposals with innovative cost effective solutions
- Working knowledge of EVMS systems and Project management tools such as CPI and IMS
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top