Cyber Security Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a dynamic and progressive cybersecurity technical leader for a team supporting Information Management Systems for a U.S. Navy customer. The qualified candidate will be responsible for effectively integrating evolving cybersecurity standards into team activities supporting the development and sustainment of a portfolio of software products. Efforts will comply with a customer defined cybersecurity program based on the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) tailored to support a critical strategic mission.
Role Responsibilities may include:
- Integration of cybersecurity disciplines into organization's defined software engineering processes
- Support specific software project engineering activities throughout the life cycle
- Support the Navy customer in managing his portfolio of systems and applications (not limited to BAE provided items)
- Conducting Assessment and Authorization activities for DoD and Intelligence Systems in accordance with the tailored Risk Management Framework
- Developing system security plans including, security concepts of operation, risk management matrix, security control traceability matrix, security test procedures, and plan of action and milestones
- Conducting vulnerability scans to validate system compliance with DISA Security Technical Information Guidelines (STIGs)
- Coordinating static and dynamic code scans to detect software vulnerabilities
- Identifying and implementing vulnerability resolutions and/or mitigations
- Conducting security test events to achieve accreditation milestones
- This position may require business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- DoD Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience leading teams of personnel.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- US Citizen
- DOD Clearance.
- Familiarity with project plan disciplines and content.
- Experience with Strategic Systems Programs branch customers.
- Business Development experience (working with customers to identify needs and recommend solutions).
- Experience installing, administering, maintaining and securing Microsoft Windows and Linux-based computer systems
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top