Cyber Security Anst
BAE Systems is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to provide Information Assurance in support of the Air Force’s next-generation Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system. This will be a long term project with the weapon system anticipated to remain operational until 2075 – you can contribute to a critical initiative that will provide protection through deterrence for generations yet to come!
This position provides Information Assurance (IA) for current and future weapon systems. Responsibilities include capturing and refining information protection requirements, integrating those requirements into system designs, and ensuring program compliance with government IA security requirements and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes. The candidate must have strong analytical skills, a broad base in Information Technologies, and the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment with the energy and motivation to make a difference. Experience with the DoD’s Cybersecurity processes (DIACAP and/or the RMF/Risk Management Framework) is a plus.
This position will work with integrated product teams to assess the impacts of vulnerabilities, develop and implement mitigation plans, and document all findings. The position also performs testing to validate established security requirements, recommends additional security requirements and safeguards, supports the formal testing required by government accrediting authorities, prepares System Security Plans, updates Plan of Actions and Milestones, reviews system audits, and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
Must possess high energy and a strong motivation to make a difference. The work is fast paced with changing priorities; the ability to switch tasks with minimal disruption is a must.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Knowledgeable of security controls/best practices
- Knowledge of Networks, computer components, system protocols, and COTS technology
- Self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate activities with assessment and authorization stakeholders, government officials, and contractors
- Experience interfacing with senior managers and/or government customers
- Current or eligible for security clearance
- Bachelor degree 12 years experience, Masters degree and 10 years experience
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience integrating security functional requirements into existing acquisition lifecycle phases, milestones, and deliverables using systems engineering principles and methodologies
- Knowledgeable of best practices implementing security controls including software engineering methodologies, hardware engineering, security engineering principles, and secure coding techniques
- Knowledge of RMF, DIACAP, NISPOM and and/or DoD and AF certification and accreditation requirements and processes
- Knowledge of Networks, computer components, system protocols, and COTS technology Experience working with classified systems
- Software integration of COTS and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products
- Penetration testing and analysis
- Prior experience working with DoE and NSA requirements
- Active clearance
- CISSP or CISSP Associate (or can obtain certification within 12 months)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company … BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top