Cyber Operations Exercise Planner
The candidate will provide Cyberspace Operations Planning expertise and guidance services in support of the USFK Joint Cyberspace Center.
Cyber Operations Planner shall independently plan, coordinate, manage, and execute pre- and post-exercise actions for Korea Theater level exercises in support named OPLAN requirements. Analyst should have a strong understanding of Joint Publication (JP) 5-0 Joint Operation Planning and JP 3-12 Cyberspace Operations. Candidate should possess specialized knowledge in military training exercises, Command and Control applications, and the role of communications within Cyberspace Operations. Candidate should be familiar with USFK networks, operations, exercises, and exercise participants.
- Manage exercise planning from preparation through execution and after-action review by employing careful analysis of continuing changes in JCC mission training objectives and exercise requirements.
- Coordinate meetings, conferences and Working Groups in order to support exercise design and execution.
- Prepare in-depth WARNOs, OPORDs, Fragmentary Orders (FRAGO's) and tasking to major subordinate commands and off-peninsula (CONUS) forces in support of directed exercises.
- Assist with the development of Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) injects to be used during the exercise to ensure training objectives are met.
- Executing, drafting and editing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Maintain 8570.01 compliance for IAM level 1.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Joint Cyberspace Operations Planners Course, or equivalent
- IAM-1 Certification, e.g. CAP, Security+ CE
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a Security Clearance
- Requires 4-6 years relevant work experience.
- Must be able to independently accomplish complex requirements with minimal supervision.
- Requires familiarity with Federal, DoD, and industry information security requirements, standards, and best practices; strong working knowledge of incident response, network architectures, current networking technologies, security requirements and features of networks and applications, and other security issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to process and analyze information provided by a customer (e.g., needs, goals, mission, existing systems), make assessments, and provide solutions.
Microsoft and/or Unix/Linux computing environment certification
- Network Certification, e.g. CCNA
- MS in Computer Security related field plus 3 years military planning experience
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top