Cyber Integration & Test Engineer
- Rome, NY
BAE Systems is seeking a Cyber Integration & Test Engineer (IT&E) to join our team in support of the Air Force Research Laboratory's (AFRL) Information Directorate in Rome, NY. AFRL is one of the nation's premier government research labs, with a mission of leading the discovery, development, and integration of affordable warfighting technologies for air, space and cyber forces. AFRL's Information Directorate focuses on solutions for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) and Cyber technologies.
Our team is responsible for independent testing of C4I and Cyber software and systems in support of AFRL. The fast-paced environment requires a motivated engineer with a desire to solve challenging problems. If you are energetic, forward thinking, want to make a difference in the workplace and work on exciting projects, this is the role for you.
As a Cyber Integration & Test Engineer, you will use your skills in systems/software cyber testing techniques and methodologies to plan, design, develop, implement and document test solutions needed to support current and future software baselines. These test solutions should incorporate the flexibility needed to adapt to future system architectures and capabilities, and be automated to the greatest extent possible.
Key tasks include test case and test plan development, formal and exploratory/ad-hoc testing, and test automation development. This role requires not only application knowledge, but also knowledge in how system components interact, as well as the technical skills to perform preliminary troubleshooting. The Cyber Integration & Test Engineer position requires a broad range of knowledge and experience, from system administration for system test set-up and execution, to writing automated tests, to formal software test functions such as developing test plans, test procedures and test reports, as well as logging and tracking defects. This background should also include understanding of how to detect and protect against common system/software security vulnerabilities.
Join BAE Systems and help us in our mission as "We protect those who protect us." We support our employees with a flexible work schedule, technical training and career growth planning.
Required Skills and Education
• Designing, developing, writing and executing test plans and procedures to address new and existing functional and/or security requirements
• Experience with test automation and knowledge of test automation tools
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, with focus on root cause identification
• Documenting results of tests using standard tools, such as JIRA and Confluence
• Working system administration-level experience with various Operating Systems (Solaris, Red Hat Linux, Windows Server)
• Development skills in common scripting languages such Perl, PHP, Python, and Bash
• Familiarity and experience with Agile Scrum practices
• Ability to evaluate results of static code analysis (Fortify) for Java and C/C++
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting, as well as experience leading small team
Preferred Skills and Education
• Virtualization experience (VMWare, Xen)
• PEN testing experience or certification
• Experience with DISA STIGs and SRGs
• Knowledge of NIST 800-53 and ICD 502, 503
• Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience
• Experience in threat/risk mitigation
• DOD 8570 certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top