Cyber Anst II
BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer in support of the Air Force's next-generation Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system. This will be a long term project with the weapon system anticipated to remain operational until 2075 – you can contribute to a critical initiative that will provide protection through deterrence for generations yet to come!
This position will work with Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to assess the impacts of vulnerabilities, develop and implement mitigation plans, and document all findings. The position also performs testing to validate established security requirements, recommends additional security requirements and safeguards, supports the formal testing required by government accrediting authorities, prepares System Security Plans, updates Plans of Action and Milestones, reviews system audits, and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
This position is part of a matrixed organization and has responsibility for ensuring that appropriate policies, standards, procedures, and automated mechanisms designed to appropriately protect the security of information are documented, implemented, and followed to ensure long-term consistency.
The Cybersecurity team supports compliance assessment, monitoring, CNO, CND and CNE for current and future weapon systems, government IS and commercial IS.
The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with the desire to make a difference. Knowledge of the DoD's Cybersecurity processes (DIACAP and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF)) is a plus.
- Assist various program teams in capturing and refining information protection requirements, integrating those requirements into system designs, ensuring program compliance with government requirements, and obtaining an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Validate that activities and controls enacted to secure information are continually assessed. Evaluate gaps in security and identify solutions to mitigate risk, including business processes, technical controls, or policy improvements.
- Support planning and engagement efforts for organizational security evaluations, Red Teams, systems analyses, Pen Testing, security architecture reviews, and so forth.
- Development of security and privacy policies (in conjunction with IT governance and other policy development groups) that embody industry best practices.
- Build collaborative internal relationships with program and project teams, as well as external relationships with customers, regulatory bodies, other agencies and business partners.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top