Cyber Analyst II
- Augusta, GA
At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing the U.S. Army Cyber Command with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber security, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. The cyberspace domain is one of the most critical areas of national defense. It is a field that requires the most highly trained, professional, and knowledgeable people available. Join us and learn what inspired work is all about.
The Security Analyst is a member of the Security Operations team, and is responsible for the technical security operations in supporting a large customer on a unique contract.
• Performance in multiple areas of information security including computer network defense (CND), continuous monitoring and analysis, enterprise audit, security compliance, security event monitoring and analysis, data management, analytic rule development/adjustment, incident response and investigative support
• Delivering technical security expertise in the operation of an enterprise class CND system, dealing with events caused by internal and external factors and the related mitigation recommendations for issues caused by process, threat and technology changes over time
• Acting as a trusted advisor to senior leadership with extensive evidence of ability to provide strategic and tactical direction in leading activities in support of team and enterprise objectives
• Providing professional knowledge and experience of CND analytics and operations
Shift work may be required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• 2+ years experience in CND operational and/or analysis position
• Incident Response experience
• Experience in cyber security tactics, techniques, and procedures
• SOC and/or CIRT operational experience
• Experience working on and supporting classified networks
• DOD 8570 certification
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Enterprise audit aggregation, logging, and analysis experience
• Network scanning experience (e.g, DISA ACAS)
• Knowledge of NIST 800-53 and ICD 503
• Network LAN experience
• Virtual Hosting experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top