Customer Support Technician
- Springfield, VA
The Customer Support Technician will be part of an elite and agile Operations and Sustainment Team responsible for multiple GEOINT mission critical production systems and capabilities across the entire enterprise.
Will provide user support and customer service on customer-supported computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action. Responsible for initial assessment, triage, research , providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, isolates problem, and determines/implements solution. The Customer Support Technician will also be responsible for collecting information through a customer conversation, accessing support tools, and additional support staff if needed.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or electronically
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- Research issues using available information resources
- Advise users on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures and CONOPS
- Log all help desk interactions
- Redirect problems to correct resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare daily operational status briefings
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Provide share drive management including administrative responsibilities, training content managers, and configuration management duties
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- A Bachelors' Degree plus 2 years' of relevant experience or equivalent relevant experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral) across multiple teams and with senior company and customer management.
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work 24x7 rotating shift schedule
- Active TS/ SCI
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience in Linux and Linux applications Experience
- Windows Systems Administration Experience
- Experienced in systems operations and specific tools to optimize solutions
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Experience with exploitation tools including Socet GXP and Remote View
- Knowledge of current and emerging trade craft and content management approaches within the multi-INT customer environment such as Foundation GEOINT, ABI, SOM, OBP, and Analytics
- Thorough knowledge of standard and non-standard GEOINT products and content
- Understanding of Activity Based Intelligence (ABI) phenomenology and applications
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top