Customer Service Manager- Asset Management
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Level Customer Service Manager within the Controls & Avionics Solutions business area. This position is currently available within the Asset Management team in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Primary responsibilities will include management of customer accounts and will act as the primary interface for asset sales and lease/exchange offerings within the Engine Systems and Air Transport business areas. The position will also be responsible for leading a variety of projects to include long term agreements and developing unique problem resolutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates, organizes, plans, and authorizes work to profitably support, defend, and grow our global spares asset management sales. Products that make up these sales include spare parts (line replaceable units, shop replaceable assemblies, and piece parts), loan and exchange offerings, pooling programs, and other offerings. Develops and establishes procedures and guidelines for customer proposals and prepares, executes, and revises plans and priorities.
- Implements and executes program activities, including management of the spares pricing catalog, establishing market-based pricing, setting pricing and discount policies. Keeps upper management informed regarding program or initiative status and any sales, technical, cost, schedule, or administrative problems.
- Establishes, maintains, and promotes good customer relationships. Ensures customers are informed on status of spares orders and lead-times. Coordinates program reviews and directs the preparation of status and progress reports as directed in the Lifecycle Management Guidelines.
- Analyze sales, inventories, lead times, and market dynamics to proactively identify and develop opportunities to increase the value of existing business and to capture new business.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Develop advanced concepts, techniques and applications based on business need.
- Serve as expert on the team to advise team members as a first line of escalation.
- Develop solutions to unique and complex problems that may serve as precedent on future decisions.
- Work under consultative direction toward long range goals and objectives.
- Manage resources and resolve customer problems by recommending solutions.
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Operations, Quality and Engineering.
- Developing Sales and Business Growth Plans
- Support emergency requests including off-schedule support, such as AOG (Aircraft on Ground)
- Manage time in a manner required to coordinate multiple tasks and to drive continuous improvement projects.
- Negotiate with external customer on price & delivery including long term agreements.
- Preferred Education: Master's Degree preferred
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of airline operational needs, ability to model new product offerings such as pooling, knowledge of EDI systems. Previous experience with contracts and Airline MRO procurement.
- Technical understanding of electronic components and BAE Systems product applications.
- Engineering or Technical Degree strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in the commercial aviation industry and knowledge of FAA standards
- Licenses/Cert: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top