Cross Domain Senior Engineer
- Rome, NY
BAE Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer experienced in Cross Domain and Voice/Video to become part of a growing Government Program Office team in support of the Air Force Research Laboratory's (AFRL) Information Directorate in Rome, NY. AFRL is one of the nation's premier government research labs, with a mission of leading the discovery, development, and integration of affordable warfighting technologies for air, space and cyber forces. AFRL's Information Directorate focuses on solutions for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) and Cyber technologies.
As a Systems Engineer/Cross Domain(CD) and Voice, Video (V2) Subject Matter expert, you will serve as point person and oversee/provide guidance to engineers performing hands on support of Cross Domain and V2/V3 technologies. This role includes providing SME knowledge to V2CDS System Administrator, SME knowledge to Cross Domain Engineer/Architect, and SME knowledge to Customer Engagement/Outreach engineers. Assist in prioritizing new enhancements to meet the customer's needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support at meetings, and support staff in supporting positions listed below:
V2CDS Specific responsibilities
- Lead all aspects of administration and operations related to V2CDS/V3CDS hardware, software and interoperability with infrastructure.
- Lead in meetings with the customer to discuss upgrade planning, support issues, and integration planning for interoperability with upgraded infrastructure, and new use cases
- Provide guidance for evolution of DIA Cross Domain Enterprise Services (CDES) Architecture
- Provide SME Knowledge on CDS Technology and Network Integration
- Brief architectural roadmap at Forums, Conferences, workgroups, etc to ensure community is aware of CDES services provided and to collaborate with stakeholders
- Provide insight to senior leaders regarding tradeoffs and considerations for CD technology and integration concepts.
- Lead or participate in customer meetings to discuss deployments, support issues, and upgrade planning, as needed
- Provide guidance to staff to facilitate clear articulations of technical capabilities, operational configurations, and DoD/IC specific use cases relating to Cross Domain solutions and interoperability
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
BS EE, Computer Science or Computer Security
- Knowledge of communications technologies such as Voice over IP (VOIP), Video Teleconferencing (VTC), Cisco Unified Communication Manager (call manager), Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), and other communication technologies (e.g. Polycom) highly desirable.
- Good communication and customer-relations skills
- Ability to work independently/unsupervised as well as in a team environment
- DoD 8750 Information Assurance certification - Security+
- Active security clearance and ability to work OCONUS
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top