Rigger/Operators are responsible for lifting, moving and positioning machinery, equipment, structural parts, and other heavy loads aboard ship and in the shops. Riggers are also responsible for selecting rigging gear based on weight and distribution of load, availability of hoisting machinery, and the presence of obstacles which might interfere with maneuverability of incorrectly rigged hoisting gear. May signal workers operating cranes or other equipment to move load. Individuals will also be required to inspect their own rigging gear according to safety rules and OSHA standards. Will perform additional related tasks as assigned by Supervisor, some of which may become essential to the position.
- Must have minimum of 10 years' continuous experience in Large Hydraulic Mobile Crane operation in shipyard environment and other similar cranes
- Must possess a current qualification from NCCCO or NCCER
- Able to safely operate portal cranes, Lattice boom friction Wagon, Truck & Crawler, Small & Large hydraulic, Manitowoc M250/2250, Link Belt 348 HYLAB 5 and American 11320 are a plus.
- Must possess current DOT physical cert.
- Pass written and practical exam and maintain proficiency in all qualified cranes to retain this level.
- Class "A" CDL with passenger endorsement is a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret all load charts and be able to interpret hand and voice signals (signal person).
- Must apply safe crane and rigging practices at all times.
- Must perform daily inspections, documenting logs as legal records and perform maintenance (lubrication) of any crane assigned.
- Must participate in BAE's J.H.A. (Job Hazard Analysis) program.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top