Crane Operator / Rigger
BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyards is hiring a Crane Operator/ Rigger Journeyperson in our Crane/Rigging Department. The candidate must have a NCCER certification for operating a 50-Ton rough terrain crane or any NCCER crane certification and be able to attain a 50-Ton rough terrain certification with NCCER. Must be able to sit for an extended period of time inside the crane cabin. The candidate must be able to read and understand the crane's load rating chart(s) and diagrams while applying all notes and warnings related to such charts to confirm the correct crane configuration to suit the load, site and lift conditions. The candidate must be able to conduct daily inspections and be able to identify if there are any defects to the crane. The candidate must be able to identify the site conditions that could adversely affect operation of the crane. Additionally, they must be capable of understanding and applying the information contained in the crane manufacturer's operating manual. The candidate must be able to pass the advanced rigging course. Responsible to conduct inspections of all rigging gear and identify any defaults before each use and be able to look at your work site and determine what you can and cannot use for Rigging pick points.
Required Skills and Education
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
- Must be a US citizen or Naturalized citizen
- Must have a High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends and overtime, as required
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to perform work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to initiate accurate job memos and reports
- Must be able to quickly attain knowledgeable with the different work standards for various government agencies (Navy vs. Coast Guard vs. MSC etc.)
- Knowledgeable with testing of chain-falls and come-a-longs
- Knowledgeable to direct and perform placement and handling of materials and equipment
- Knowledgeable with preparation of cable and of pouring of sockets and fittings and testing of items fabricated
- Able to coordinate and cooperate with other trades engaged on the same project so that work is completed with a minimum of confusion and a maximum of efficiency
- Knowledgeable and able to move, suspend or set in place any type of shipboard equipment
- Knowledgeable with replacing cable to winches, booms, cranes, etc.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of crane operator experience.
Preferred to have 5 years of crane operator experience.
knowledgeable with shipboard terminology and nomenclature
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top