Craft Supervisor (Pipe Shop)
BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyards is hiring a Craft Supervisor for the Pipefitting Department.
The Craft Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the Pipefitting workforce (regular and temporary employees). This position reports directly to the Craft Manager.
The Craft Supervisor is responsible for the work on multiple assignments and monitoring the progress onboard vessels. Ensures jobs are successfully completed on time and within budget. Provides technical assistance and support. Integrates with various departments and the customer to support in all phases of project performance. Works to ensure that the overall project adheres to schedules by integrating work efforts with other Craft Supervisors and Managers. Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to support the timely and cost effective completion of assigned tasks. Ensure education, compliance and enforcement of company policies, procedures and the requirements of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Supports in the management and development of personnel which includes, but is not limited to, leading, hiring, training, promoting and taking corrective action. Attends regular meetings and participates in investigations. Responsible for compliance with OSHA and Company Mandated Safety, Quality, and Environmental policies. Additional duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Must have 7 years of experience working as a pipefitter and 2 years of supervisory experience
- Must have previous ship repair or maritime industry experience
- Must understand and have knowledge on NAVSEA Standard Items
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must have experience monitoring and evaluating project budget performance and schedules
- Must have the ability to monitor productivity across all shifts including the amount and type of work assigned as well as the quality and quantity of work accomplished
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings
- Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to monitor and evaluate project budget performance including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, develop productivity enhancements and investigate budget inconsistencies
- Must possess the ability to support and monitor productivity across all shifts, including the amount and type of work assigned, as well as the quality and quantity of work accomplished
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights to complete the job or inspections
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors under all weather conditions
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
- Must have a valid driver's license
Apprentice Graduate preferred but not required.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top