Craft Supervisor - Night Shift
BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyard is hiring a Night Shift-Craft supervisor. The applicant will be responsible for overseeing the night shift operations workforce (regular and temporary employees), assigning work on multiple assignments during a workday and monitoring progress onboard vessels. The candidate will report directly to the Production Manager and assist the Craft Managers on day shift. The candidate will interact with various department heads and their team along with our customers. The selected candidate will be providing technical assistance to the night shift operations workforce. Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to support the timely and cost effective completion of assigned tasks provided for the night shift to accomplish. Oversee the night shift supervision involved in all phases of project performance, personnel related functions. Ensure compliance/enforcement of company policies, procedures and the requirements of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Also ensures the workforce operates in accordance with OSHA and Company Mandated Safety, Quality, and Environmental policies. This includes regular safety meetings, participation in incident investigations and root cause analysis.Responsible for ensuring that company goals for Safety, Quality and Productivity are aggressively pursued.Oversee and monitor schedule performance including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigate late activities, and assist project supervision in development of practical solutions.Monitor and evaluate project budget performance including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, develop productivity enhancements and investigate over-budget items.Allocate personnel and resources to efficiently support all contracts (including shift work).Monitor productivity across on night shift, including the amount and type of work assigned as well as the quality and quantity of work accomplished.Review project schedules and budgets during the planning phase.Insure that Company policies are adhered to and the policies are clearly understood by subordinates (ISO, environmental and Safety). Train and motivate employees in the areas of technical knowledge, safety, environmental and communication.Insure that inter-departmental relations are maintained.Insure that requirements of the labor agreement are properly enforced. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam.
- Must be able to work from 6am-230pm M-F and overtime as needed & weekend and Holidays as needed.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights to complete the job or inspections.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings. Ensure that inter-departmental relations are maintained.
- Ensure that requirements of the safety handbook are properly followed and enforces.
- Perform similar, incidental and other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Apprentice Graduate preferred, knowledge of effective supervisory methods and techniques. Ability to plan, layout schedules and supervise the work in an effective and cost efficient manner.
- Previous shipyard or navy experience.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top