Craft Supervisor II (Pipe Shop)
TheCraft Supervisor II oversees the daily operations performed in the Pipe Shop. TheCraft Supervisor II is responsible for assigning and monitoring the performanceof the Craft Supervisor I, as well as providing technicalassistance, and generally managing the workforce within the Shop. The CraftSupervisor II is expected to identify and ensure that appropriate actions aretaken to support the timely and effective completion of assigned tasks. This includes ensuring that company policies and practices are followedin all phases of project performance and personnel-related functions, includingbut not limited to the hiring and supervision of union employees, employeeperformance management, terminations, promotions and demotions. The Craft SupervisorII also is responsible for ensuring that employees comply with Company policies and procedures, and the requirements ofthe Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The Craft Supervisor II reports directly tothe Craft Manager.
Some of the key Craft Supervisor IIduties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the Shop is pursuingCompany goals for Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Developing and/or reviewing projectschedules and budgets during the planning phase.
- Allocating personnel and resourcesto efficiently support all contracts (including shift work).
- Overseeing and monitoring scheduleperformance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigationof late activities, project supervision, and the development of practicalsolutions.
- Monitoring and evaluating projectbudget performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects,development of productivity enhancements and investigation of over-budgetitems.
- Monitoring productivity across allshifts, including the amount and type of work assigned as well as the qualityand quantity of work accomplished.
- Performingpersonnel related functions including, but not limited to, the supervision ofemployees, performance management, workforce reductions, promotions, demotionsand discipline.
- Ensuring that employees understandand adhere to Company policies.
- Training and motivating employees inthe areas of technical knowledge, safety, environmental and communication.
- Ensuring that requirements of thelabor agreement are satisfied.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · High school or equivalent degree.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ supervisory experience in the trade.
- Proficient technical knowledge in the relevant trade.
- Proficient ability to plan, schedule, supervise, and direct the work of other employees in the relevant trade or industry.
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in making operations and personnel decisions.
- Proficient computer skills required including experience with Microsoft Office programs and similar software.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Education The Craft Supervisor II position is a non-bargaining position. Please note that each specific Craft Supervisor II position may have additional or different skills, responsibilities, and qualifications based on the shop in which the Craft Supervisor II works. The Company also may, in its discretion, modify the skills, responsibilities, and qualifications for Craft Supervisor II at any time.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top