- San Diego, CA
The position requires a self-motivated candidate that is capable of working in an independent or team environment with minimal direction. The CPSO must possess the confidence to make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and must be able to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Administering and coordinating security activities in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with National Policy.
- Establish and maintain liaison with government agencies, external customers, contractors' employees, and managers to ensure compliance with National Policy.
- Administer day-to-day security programs, personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc .
- Perform physical, personnel and administrative security responsibilities for multiple SCIFs, which often calls for requests to government security representatives regarding accreditations, personnel actions, AIS transmissions and working with other government facility sponsors to draft co-use agreements and MOUs/MOAs for shared space .
- Maintain PERSEC database in accordance with National Policy
- Maintain receipt and dispatch, document control, personnel records, and combination records.
- Investigate and review security violations, preparing reports, and recommending specific preventive and corrective action to be taken.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of Communications Security (COMSEC) material received/held/transferred/hand receipted/destroyed IAW Electronic Key Management System
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
The candidate will be required to apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures.
Candidates must have thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM supplements, overprints and other government regulations, e.g. DoDM 5205.07 Vols 1-4, DoDM 5105.21 M1, as well the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) standards
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top