- Nashua, NH
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
As a member of the Electronic Systems Legal Department, the selected individual will provide responsive, superb-quality support to BAE Systems' Electronic Systems business. We are looking for the right candidate to join a dynamic team in a fast-paced and growing environment supporting BAE Systems as it operates throughout the world.
The selected person will assist the Vice President, Chief Counsel and Deputy Chief Counsels in providing legal advice and representation involving all matters where the Company, including its subsidiaries and affiliates is, or would be, a party.
These duties include, but are not limited to, providing legal opinions, interpretations, drafting of documents, guiding litigation and other general legal assistance, to all levels of Company personnel and management, on all legal issues affecting the Company.
1. Under general direction, this position will function in a generalist role supporting one of Electronic Systems' Deputy Chief Counsels.
2. Conducts legal research and prepare written opinions based on that research.
3. Guides the successful resolution of legal problems, examines various documents and data and provides counsel to all levels of management, including senior management, on best courses of action.
4. Negotiates and prepares a variety of contractual documents including, but not limited to, licenses, contracts, non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements.
5. Stays current on legislative issues, statutes, decisions, laws, regulations and ordinances within the industries in which BAE Systems operates.
6. Participates in reviewing, interpreting and drafting various company policies and procedures.
7. Analyzes, prepares, and reviews various matters including contractual documents to ensure the Company's interests are protected. May consult with or refer matters to outside counsel as required, typically upon recommendation of the Deputy Chief Counsel.
8. May assist with analysis and advice regarding litigation and pre-litigation matters.
9. Reviews and advises on Intellectual Property rights, software license rights and other intellectual property matters affecting product development, contract negotiation and other business issues.
10. Conducts internal investigations under the supervision of the Vice President, Chief Counsel or Deputy Chief Counsel.
11. Assists in the preparation of various legal training courses.
12. Interprets and analyzes various governmental regulations and policies.
13. Remains current on state and federal laws, regulations and practices affecting company business.
14. Accepts other tasks as assigned by the Vice President, Chief Counsel or Deputy Chief Counsel.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Arts or Science and a Juris Doctorate Degree. Admission to practice in the United States, preferably the State Bar of NY, NH, or MA.
- Excellent oral and written skills as well as outstanding organizational and analytical skills required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a transactional attorney in either an in-house or law firm environment.
- Must be a self-starter, able to manage and prioritize a multitude of complex and challenging situations with little supervision.
- Must be able to competently provide research, analysis, and advice, directly to all levels of Company personnel and management.
- State Bar of NY, NH, or MA.
- The ideal candidate will have previous Government Contracts experience in either an in-house or law firm environment with demonstrated experience independently managing and advising clients through to case completion.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years or equivalent of prior experience in a law firm government contracts practice or federal contracting in-house environment.
- Experience in a technology/product based organization is strongly desired.
- Active Secret clearance.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top