Job Description :
To assist the Vice President, Chief Counsel and Deputy Chief Counsel in providing legal advice and representation involving all matters where the Company, including its subsidiaries and affiliates is, or would be, a party.
These duties include, but are not limited to, providing legal opinions, interpretations, drafting of documents and other general legal assistance to all levels of Company personnel and management on legal issues affecting the Company.
Duties to include:
1. Under general direction, this position will function in a generalist role supporting the Vice President, Chief Counsel and Deputy Chief Counsel.
2. Conducts basic legal research under minimum supervision and prepares written opinions based on that research.
3. Guides the successful resolution of legal problems, examines various documents and data and provides counsel to all levels of management, including senior management, on best courses of action.
4. Negotiates and prepares a variety of contractual documents including, but not limited to, licenses, contracts, non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements.
5. Stays current on legislative issues, statutes, decisions, laws, regulations and ordinances.
6. Participates in reviewing, interpretation and drafting various company policies and procedures.
7. Analyzes, prepares, and reviews various matters including contractual documents to ensure the Company’s interests are protected. May consult with or refer matters to outside counsel as required, typically upon recommendation of the Vice President Chief Counsel or Deputy Chief Counsel.
8. May assist with analysis and advice regarding litigation and pre-litigation matters.
9. Conducts internal investigations under the supervision of the Vice President, Chief Counsel and Deputy Chief Counsel.
10. Assists in the preparation of various legal training courses.
11. Interprets various governmental regulations and policies.
12. Remains current on state and federal laws, regulations and practices affecting company business.
13. Accepts other tasks as assigned by the Vice President, Chief Counsel and Deputy Chief Counsel.
Required Skills and Education
Required Education: Bachelor of Arts or Science and a Juris Doctorate Degree. Admission to practice in the United States, preferably the State Bar of NY, NH, or MA.
Required Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience
Required Skills: Excellent oral and written skills as well as outstanding organizational and analytical skills required.Minimum 5 years experience as a transactional attorney in either a Government, in-house or law firm environment. Must be a self-starter, able to handle a multitude of complex and challenging situations and to work with little supervision.
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred Skills: The ideal candidate will have one of the following:
Previous Government Contracts experience in either a government, in-house or law firm environment. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years of prior Government Contracts experience in a Government, law firm government contracts practice or federal contracting in-house environment; or
Experience in a technology/product based organization is strongly desired.
Ability to obtain security clearance is required, and current active Secret clearance is preferred.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top