Cost Anst Sr
The Combat Vehicles (CV) Business Unit is seeking a Cost Analyst. This position is a member of the Supply Chain Proposal Team and supports the Proposal Manager in the execution of cost proposal element review, analysis, audit, technical review and reporting process.
Typical tasks are development and update of plans, schedules, materials, and files; coordinating with other functions and leadership to support all material proposal actions to include one or more of the following :
- Completion of price analysis, comparison of proposed prices, historical price comparison, parametric estimating, and comparison to published price lists, independent estimates.
- Experience evaluating the requirement for certified cost and pricing data requirements, and exemptions, price competition, prices set by law or regulation, waivers, and commercial items.
- Use of techniques relating to statistical analysis, prices indices, cost-profit-volume and improvement curve analyses, and regression analysis ·
- Analyze moderately complex RFP to determine scope and requirements. Responsible for moderately complex proposal reviews and evaluation estimates input for adequacy, currency, completeness, accuracy, and reasonableness. Follows-up on all inputs.
- Research past similar projects or estimates for comparative analysis as required, and creation of templates or standard outputs prescribed in process control documents.
- Evaluation of make buy decisions, cost or pricing data cost elements, current practices and future costs.
- Requests estimates from functional groups or generate estimate data. Clarifies unique requirements and reviews submittals.
- Supports appropriate personnel to develop a work breakdown structure and program schedule (including major program milestones) for proposals as required.
- Familiar with the Truth in Negotiations Act, Competition in Contracting Act and proficient with CAS/FAR Cost Principles and FAR/DFARS regulations.
- Practical experience with content, format, and basis of bills of materials and possess the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Exercise good planning, time management and organization skills, while proficient in use of Excel, Word, Power Point and Access tools.
- Familiar with cost volumes and basis of estimates, and exhibit strong analytical skills with the ability to think critically.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top