The Combat Vehicles (CV) Business Unit is seeking a Cost Analyst. This position is a member of the Supply Chain Proposal Team and supports the Proposal Manager in the execution and performance of cost analysis creation, review, submission, and audit process.
Typical tasks are development and update of plans, schedules, materials, and files; coordinating with other functions and leadership to support all material proposal actions to include one or more of the following :
- Completion of cost analysis, comparison of proposed prices, historical price comparison, parametric estimating, and comparison to published price lists, independent estimates, indirect rates, basis and forecasts.
- Experience evaluating the requirement for certified cost and pricing data requirements, and exemptions, price competition, prices set by law or regulation, waivers, and commercial items.
- Use of techniques relating to statistical analysis, prices indices, cost-profit-volume and improvement curve analyses, and regression analysis, in addition to manufacturing techniques, review of cost of money.
- Analyze moderately complex RFP to determine scope and requirements. Responsible for moderately complex proposal reviews and evaluation estimates input for adequacy, currency, completeness, accuracy, and reasonableness. Follows-up on all inputs.
- Research past similar projects or estimates for comparative analysis as required, and creation of templates or standard outputs prescribed in process control documents.
- Evaluation of make buy decisions, cost or pricing data cost elements, current practices and future costs.
- Requests estimates from functional groups or generate estimate data. Clarifies unique requirements and reviews submittals.
- Supports appropriate personnel to develop a work breakdown structure and program schedule (including major program milestones) for proposals as required.
- Practical experience with content, format, and basis of bills of materials and possess the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects with tight deadlines, independently and in a team
- Exercise good planning, time management and organization skills, while proficient in use of Excel, Word, Power Point and Access tools.
- Familiar with cost volumes and basis of estimates, and exhibit strong analytical skills with the ability to think critically.
- Familiar with the Truth in Negotiations Act, Competition in Contracting Act and proficient with CAS/FAR Cost Principles and FAR/DFARS regulations Preferred Skills and Education Experience composing, then editing detailed communications, rationales and summary analysis About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top