Contracts Manager II
- Nashua, NH
Join a dynamic Contracts team that supports the delivery of mission critical capabilities across a diverse portfolio of government, commercial and international customers. The Contracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our customers. We are committed to employee growth and development, allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. Contracts employees are provided opportunities for promotion and relocation to other business units within the U.S. and overseas. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
With our historic growth and position as one of the worldâ€™s largest Aerospace, Defense and Security Companyâ€™s, we look to recruit and retain the best and brightest. Taking care of the Contracts team by offering daily flextime, every other Friday off, some telecommute ability, and competitive salary/benefits keeps our team engaged and motivated.
We view culture as one of our most critical competitive advantages. Contracts employees come to work every day because of our strong culture and passion for our significant role in the success of the business. Our Cultural Principles are:
- Engage everyone with respect and good will
- Stay calm independent of circumstances
- Be humble and work collaboratively
- Feel empowered to do the right thing
- Listen , be curious, and allow differences to influence our decisions
- Provide leadership and guidance for Contract Administrators, overseeing and directing daily contractual activities, providing guidance on contractual/business issues, and assisting in preparing proposals, completing negotiations and drafting of contract terms.
- Grow and develop your direct reports
- Independently lead and manage proposal activities including, analysis of solicitations, developing strategies and recommendations, preparing terms and conditions, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency and conducting business risk assessment. Leads and supports fact-finding and other audit activities.
- Lead complex negotiations with an emphasis on implementing a strategy that creates a win/win situation.
- Advise PGSS management of contractual rights and obligations, risk mitigation alternatives and business strategy. Ensuring that all contractual arrangements offer the Company a reasonable probability of accomplishing the business objectives.
- Foster and maintain relationships with counterparts within the customer organization and between all functions within BAE Systems.
- Oversee management of multiple contract types, such as Firm Fixed Price, Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Time and Material, Cost Plus Incentive Fee and Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and working understanding of the U.S. government acquisition and procurement environment, export and FAR/DFAR regulations
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- FAR/DFAR knowledge and experience
- Degree and 8+ years relevant experience
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience with Intellectual Property
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales
- Experience with Offsets
- Experience with complex contracts and proposal preparation and execution
- Prior experience managing a staff
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Ability to make decisions and close actions
- Government and Prime experience
- Experience with agreements other than contracts (ex. NDAs, bailment agreements, distributor agreements and/or software license agreements)
- Strong written and verbal skills
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere â€" from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact â€" for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top