Contracts / Estimating Intern Summer 2020
BAE Systems Ship Repair is seeking to hire a Contracts / Estimating Intern in our Contracts Department.
The candidate will report directly to the Contracts Director. The candidate will also interact with other team members across the company such as Finance, Procurement, Compliance, Program Management, and shipyard Operations teams. The Contracts intern will be responsible for assisting the Contracts / Estimating in meeting both departmental and corporate objectives. This individual will have the opportunity to become an instrumental part of the daily contract management and estimating activities, including reporting, analytics, contract term reviews, and change order management.
Help identify specific approaches to create new and improved processes for Ship Repair contracts. Assist/Support the department on a daily basis. Access and navigate Costpoint (cost reports), MOD logs, work items and drawings. Help identify specific issues within contracts and estimating operations and recommend corrective actions. Support procurement mangers in specific projects as identified. Interacts with Estimators and Contract Administrators to identify where supplier problems exist and recommends corrective actions. Assist in various forecasting and analysis as required. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Currently pursuing a degree in Contracts, Law, Business or a related major
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office tools: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must have completed a minimum of 2 years of undergraduate education.
- Good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Demonstrated long term interest in a career within Contracts Management, Procurement, or Acquisition
- Available to work for at least 10 weeks during the summer
- Ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously and ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks
- Solid analytical skills and self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top