Contracts Administrator II (Repair Estimator -LCS PSA Contract)
BAE Systems San Diego Ship Repair is hiring 1 Full Time Contracts Administrator II (Repair Estimator) for the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Post Shakedown Availability (PSA) Program:
Contracts Administrator II (Repair Estimator) for all estimating aspects of the PSA contracts, including the development of labor, material, and subcontractor efforts to be included within SDSRs proposal submittal. Other aspects include but are not limited to: ship checks, monitoring turn around times of work, negotiations, contract changes, RCC pricing, material and subcontracts including competition, schedule adherence, customer interface, ship’s personnel interface, Port Engineers, AITs and TAR group interface responsibilities. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education * Must have 5 years of experience with 3 years in a shipyard environment with specific estimating experience
in structural, piping, machinery or electrical discipline and or 2 years of experience in the development of
complex cost proposals and cost analysis.
- Must know how to read/interpret ships drawings.
- Proficient with PC specifically MS Office applications such as Excel and Word and Outlook.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of Industry practices, techniques, and standards. General Application of concepts and principles.
- Develops solutions ta a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Referring to policies and practices for guidance.
- Works under only very general supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Frequent internal and external contacts in the solicitation of subcontracted work efforts as well as potential scoping with customer.
Preferred Skills and Education * Graduate of shipyard apprenticeship trade programs, technical school or possesses AA degree in Electrical,
Mechanical or Structural Technology.
- Experience in lieu of education can be substituted 8+ years with HS
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top