Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) & Facility Security Officer (FSO)
BAE Systems in Rome, NY is looking to hire an individual will work under the general guidance and direction of the NY Regional Security Manager as the Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) and Facility Security Officer (FSO). Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret and enforce government and company security policies and provide direction and guidance to program personnel
- Interface with program managers and maintain liaison with US Government Program Security Officers and Defense Security Service
- Provide prime/subcontractor security support and direction including the development and maintenance of DD254's and security guidance
- Develop and revise program level security plans, procedures and instructions
- Provide classification guidance to employees, develop and provide security education and awareness training, conduct security briefings, lead security self-inspection teams and audits, and investigate security incidents
- Conducts investigations of non-compliance issues and reviews security violations. Maintain the Insider Threat program
- Supports site level security roles such as crisis management team, etc.
This position will work closely with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and support other security disciplines within the Collateral and SCI program to include: Personnel Security, Physical Security, Information Assurance (IA), Communications Security (COMSEC), Document Control and Visitor Control .
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Eligibility for Top Secret/SCI
- Experience with the PC's and office software, good report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge and experience of managing classified programs
- Must be capable of climbing ladders, walking around large campuses and lifting loads up to 40 lbs
- Decision making and reasoning skills
- Knowledge of contractor operations, computer, physical, technical and personnel security requirements
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the NISP, ICDs, DoD 5105.21, & TEMPEST 2-95
- The ability to apply the foregoing knowledge of government security requirements in a complex multi-level secure environment to ensure program compliance in non-routine situations
- Work independently to identify, assess & resolve unique security situations with innovative solutions geared to facilitate contract performance within the bounds of security requirements
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on clear and cogent presentation of complex information
- Train and mentor junior security professionals to obtain broader knowledge and application of government security requirements across the full spectrum of security disciplines
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top