Contract Administrator Sr
Lead proposals & negotiations of complex nature IAW with Company policies, legal & customer requirements with limited supervision. Interpret & communicate company positions. Requires extensive knowledge of government & commercial contracting, laws & regulations. Develop & maintain strong relationships with internal & external customers.
1. In-depth knowledge & understanding of the USG acquisition, FAR/DFARS, commercial contracting methods, international contracting, export & regulations.
2. Lead competitive and sole-source proposal activities & analysis of RFPs, prepare summaries, strategies & recommendations with attention to financial & business risk, prepare Ts&Cs & final documents for submittal. Coordinate & ensure Sr. management reviews are conducted.
3. Research & make recommendations on Ts & Cs. Lead audit, fact-finding, negotiations. & collaborate with customers in definitizing & completing contract.
4. Advise management of obligations, risk mitigation alternatives & business strategy.
5. Perform all aspects of contract processing including accuracy of order entry, funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts & delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
6. Participate in final stages & verify completion of commitments for closeout.
7. Maintain logs of data as required & assist in collection for reporting.
8. Compile contractual records IAW contract & Company requirements.
9. Serve as primary POC for all contracts, Proprietary Information, & other agreements.
10. Draft & negotiate various agreements & coordinate legal reviews.
11. Support program personnel & provide advice & counsel.
12. Specialized contracting knowledge in areas such as international business, offset & teaming agreements.
13. Contribute to new business, processes & concepts to achieve business goals.
14. Prepare summaries & interpretation of contracts, perform cost or price analysis & resolution of complex issues.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Exercise discretion & independent judgment. 2. Communicate effectively. 3. Exhibit sound interpersonal skills with company personnel, customers and suppliers; 4. Use computer skills to prepare reports & documents; 5. Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles & state & federal laws & regulations. 6. Good research & presentation skills. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: BA and a Minimum of 5 years experience in cradle to grave administration of federal government contracts, as well as working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- -Ability to work successfully and productively in a team environment or independently with minimum supervision
- -Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- -Comprehensive knowledge of contractual business arrangements
- -Computer literate, Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- -Excellent organizational skills and ability to work successfully under stress and against constant deadlines
- -Accuracy and attention to detail applying a solid understanding of core contract terminology
Preferred Skills and Education Security Clearance with Poly or Poly eligible
Proactive and self-motivated
Personable – good attitude
Ability to work in a high stress environment
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Excellent organization skills
Ability to comfortably interact with others as well as all levels of management
Solid work ethic
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top