Contract Administrator II / Estimator
Develop detailed estimates for Mechanical (Machinery and/or Piping) work, in support of repairs and alterations on U.S. Navy, MSC, USCG and various types of commercial vessels. Perform proposal / production estimating duties as prescribed by BAE Systems Hawaii Contracts Manager. Must also be able to work closely with contract administrators, material estimators, subcontract administrators, and advanced planning personnel in the development of estimates. A detail-oriented and self-motivated individual is necessary.
Estimates labor and material costs of manufacturing and engineering based on (RFP) data submitted by prospective customers. Analyzes specifications, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules. Collects cost data from functional representatives and vendors. Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor. Prepares and maintains cost data. Creates cost models for cost estimating elements. Additional duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- At least 1 year of relevant Defense experience in the areas of Estimating Contracts or Finance
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have understanding and familiarity of working with a Cost Type and Firm Fixed price contracts
- Must be a US citizen or Naturalized citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
- Must have some familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DoD FAR Supplement. (DFARS), and contractor estimating system requirements
- Must exhibit the ability to apply analytical thought processes to resolve issues in a variety of complex situation with some supervision
- Critical attention to detail
- Financial acumen to support cost estimating when needed and to review proposal quotes
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Experience in sheet machinery and/or piping repairs and alterations onboard naval vessels and/or marine vessels.
- Intermediate/advanced level skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to run, read, and interpret reports for labor, material, and subcontractor costs.
- Able to read, interpret, and understand 4-E work specifications and drawings.
- Understanding of NAVSEA Standard Items.
- Supervision of machinery and/or piping repairs and alterations onboard naval vessels and/or marine vessels.
- Loft and Design for piping repairs and/or alterations onboard naval vessels and/or marine vessels.
- Actual Commercial and/or Navy shipboard experience with knowledge of repair standards and practices.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top