Contract Administrator II
This position is dedicated to the Self-Propelled Artillery and Ammunition Carrier FOV with duty location at York, PA.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
This position will lead the proposal, negotiation, and management of complex proposal and contract activities in accordance with company policies, legal and customer requirements with limited guidance or supervision from the Contracts Manager. Interpret and communicate business commitments and alternatives to program team and management. Position requires an extensive knowledge of government and commercial contracting methods, applicable laws and regulations. May supervise or guide work of lower grade contracting employees. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement environment, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, FAR/DFARS, export and other government regulations.
- Independently lead and support proposal activities including, but not limited to analysis of solicitations, preparing summaries and developing strategies and recommendations based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, conducting overall business risk analysis and preparing the proposal documents for submittal to the Customer.
- Responsibilities also include coordinating with other company functions as required to ensure appropriate reviews are conducted, scheduling required reviews, and obtaining required review and approval signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
- Perform all aspects of assigned contract or purchase order processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
- Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Support Program Managers, Product Line Directors, and Business Area leads and provide contracts advice and counsel to LOB and company management at all levels as required
- Develop specialized contracting knowledge in areas such as FAR/DFARS regulations, International Business, Offset and Teaming Agreements.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required education: Associates degree plus 5 years of relevant Contract Management or Supply Chain Management experience.
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of relevant Contract Management or Supply Chain Management experience.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top