Contract Administrator II
Join a dynamic Contracts team that supports the delivery of mission critical capabilities across a diverse portfolio of government, commercial and international customers. The Contracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our customers. We are committed to employee growth and development, allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. Contracts employees are provided opportunities for promotion and relocation to other business units within the U.S. and overseas. BAE systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
With our historic growth and position as one of the world's largest Aerospace, Defense and Security Company's, we look to recruit and retain the best and brightest. Taking care of the Contracts team by offering daily flextime, every other Friday off, work from home options, relocation assistance, and competitive salary/benefits keeps our team engaged and motivated.
We view culture as one of our most critical competitive advantages. Contracts employees come to work every day because of our strong culture and passion for our significant role in the success of the business. Our Cultural Principles are:
- Engage everyone with respect and good will
- Stay calm independent of circumstances
- Be humble and work collaboratively
- Feel empowered to do the right thing
- Listen, be curious, and allow differences to influence our decisions
The selected candidate will coordinate and manage moderately complex proposals, contracts and purchase orders involving limited financial considerations or technical significance. Candidates will apply and expand on knowledge, skills and experience required for effective contract administration, including negotiations and regular communication with customers and management. Candidates will develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Working understanding of the USG acquisition and procurement environment, contracts function, adherence to company policies, commercial contracting methods, export regulations, FAR/DFAR, and other requirements.
- General understanding of pricing environment in government contracting. Support and lead assigned proposals and analyze solicitations, prepare summaries with attention to financial and business risk, participate in proposal team meetings, prepare terms, conditions and assumptions, review technical and pricing bids for accuracy and consistency. Prepare proposal documents for submittal to customers. Coordinate with other company functions to ensure reviews are scheduled and conducted. Obtain required signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
Research and make recommendations on contract language. Negotiate moderately complex contracts.
- Perform and monitor all aspects of assigned contracts including accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, amendments, account receivables, delivery schedules, legal matters, etc.
Support the preparation of various agreements such as NDA's, teaming MOU/MOAs, and others. Perform activities associated with contract closeout.
- Maintain log of proposals and collect other data for reporting to management.
- Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents per contract and company requirements. Act as the official repository for all contractual documents.
- Primary point of contact between the company and customer for contractual matters. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or 6 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
- Strong computer skills for data entry, reports and other documents
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Sound interpersonal skills to engage in negotiations with others to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to focus on closure and get results
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Highly organized
- Solid work ethic Makes decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures and applicable regulations
- Familiarity with FAR/DFAR selling to USG
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top