Contract Administrator I
To assist in the coordination and management of basic or routine proposals, contracts and purchase orders under the direct supervision and guidance of a higher level Contract Administrator or Manager. In this entry level position it is expected that the individual will (1) learn the foundation of the basic contract management knowledge and skills required for success in the Contracting field and (2) progress to directly administering contracts and purchase orders.
- Develop a working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement process, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant Company policies and procedures, FAR/DFAR, other government regulations, commercial and international contracting methods.
- Support assigned proposal activities including, but not limited to, analyzing solicitations and preparing summaries based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort; participating in all proposal team meetings; preparing terms, conditions and assumptions for the proposal; reviewing technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency; and preparing proposal documents for internal bid approval review and submittal to the Customer.
- Research contract language and seek guidance on complex terms and conditions from higher level Contract Administrators or Contracts Manager.
- Review cost and price proposals as assigned to ensure they are prepared and submitted in strict accordance with applicable laws, regulations, contractual provisions and Company policy.
- Coordinate with other Company functions as required ensuring that (1) appropriate reviews are scheduled and conducted, and (2) required review and approval signatures are obtained before submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
- Assist upper level Contract Administrators in negotiations and other activities such as fact finding and audits, required to obtain contracts or orders, and auxiliary agreements (e.g. Proprietary Information Agreements and Teaming Agreements). Negotiate routine contracts and changes commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence under the specific guidance of the higher level Contract Administrator or Contracts Manager.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the Company and the Customer for all contractual matters on assigned contracts. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual/program matters, under review by upper level Contract Administrators or Contract Managers, commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
- Administer all aspects of assigned contract processing including, but not limited to, accuracy and completeness of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts, deliverables/requirements, delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
- Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and Company policies and procedures. Serve as the official repository for all contractual documentation and correspondence relative to assigned contracts.
- Participate in final stages of assigned contract by (1) verifying completion of all commitments, and (2) performing assigned activities associated with Contract Closeout.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
1. Bachelor’s degree or 2 years equivalent experience;
2. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties;
3. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
4. Tolerant of company internal, USG, external customer culture and practices;
5. Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel and external customers;
6. Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents—Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
7. Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
8. Develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top