Contract Administrator I
Join a dynamic team that provides mission critical capabilities across a diverse portfolio of customers. This is an opportunity to act as a trusted business partner for one of the leading companies providing innovative solutions in defense electronics. This position offers a motivated professional a unique chance to work across a broad range of contracting activities that supports the Adaptive Sensors C4ISR Business Area within BAE Systems' Electronic Systems Sector. Candidate will have the ability to work at two separate company office locations in Ft. Worth (Westridge Area) and Dallas (Richardson Area).
Develop your career and grow your skills in a high intensity, team-based environment with a winning culture that provides an opportunity to collaborate daily with a variety of departments and functional organizations. As the contract administrator, you will work with customers to shape and close business opportunities aligned with internal objectives. Work products and interactions will be at multiple levels, from your program office team to executive leadership. In addition to challenging day-to-day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
The selected candidate will assist in the coordination and administration of basic or routine proposals, contracts and purchase orders under the direct supervision and guidance of a higher-level contract administrator or manager. In this entry-level position, it is expected that the individual will learn the foundation of the basic contract management knowledge and skills required for success in the contracting field and progress to directly administering contracts and purchase orders.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1. Develop a working understanding of the US government acquisition and procurement process, the company contracts function and relevant policies and procedures, FAR/DFAR, commercial contracting methods and other government regulations.
2. Support assigned proposal activities including, but not limited to, analyzing solicitations and preparing summaries with attention to the financial and business risks of the proposed effort; participating in proposal team meetings; preparing terms, conditions and assumptions for the proposal; reviewing technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency; and preparing proposal documents for internal bid approval review and submittal to the Customer.
3. Research contract language and seek guidance on complex terms and conditions from higher-level contract administrators or contracts manager.
4. Review cost and price proposals to ensure they are prepared and submitted in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, contractual provisions and company policy.
5. Coordinate with other company functions as required ensuring that appropriate reviews are scheduled and conducted, and required signatures are obtained before submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
6. Assist upper level contract administrators in negotiations and other activities such as fact-finding, audits, proprietary information agreements, teaming agreements, etc. Negotiate routine contracts and changes with guidance of higher-level contract administrator or manager.
7. Act as the primary point of contact between the company and the customer for all contractual matters. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual and program matters, under review by upper-level contract administrators or manager.
8. Administer all aspects of assigned contract processing including accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
9. Compile and maintain contractual records and documents per contract requirements and company policies and procedures. Serve as the official repository for all contractual documentation and correspondence for assigned contracts.
10. Verify completion of all commitments and perform activities associated with contract closeout.
Typical Related Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance and 0 years experience
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 0 years of experience or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree and 0 years of experience or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Exhibits sound interpersonal skills to be able to interface, coordinate and negotiate with company personnel and customers
- Computer skills for data entry, reports and other documents
- Ability to make decisions using good judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable federal laws and regulations
- Ability to focus on closure and get results
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Highly organized
- Solid work ethic
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top