Contract Admin Sr
This position will lead the proposal, negotiation, and management of complex contracts for two directorates within the Sensor Processing and Exploitation Product Line of Technology Solutions, a business area of the Electronic Systems sector. Technology Solutions is the research and development arm of the Electronic Systems sector, innovating technologies across the Science and Technology market to solve some of the United States’ most critical defense and intelligence problems. Technology Solutions works within a complex innovation network that includes a wide range of academic, corporate and U.S. Government research partners, as well as other ES business areas, to successfully transition projects from initial conception into field solutions. This position requires the ability to work independently with limited guidance and supervision from the Contracts Manager. The position requires an extensive knowledge of business agreements, government and commercial contracting methods, including applicable policies, procedures and regulations in order to provide influential support during the full lifecycle of a contract, beginning with the pre-solicitation phase through proposal development, negotiation, award, execution and closeout. The position requires the individual to develop and maintain dependable professional relationships with both internal and external customers. The position requires the ability to think critically in a highly developed way to challenge assumptions and develop creative solutions to influence and shape favorable business outcomes.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education • A working understanding of the U.S. federal procurement apparatus including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD supplement (DFARS) and related governmental regulations, as well as practical experience with cost
reimbursable, fixed price and Time & Material contract types.
- Proposal development experience, including but not limited to the analysis of solicitations and the development of bid strategies and resulting proposals with a particular focus on identifying and mitigating financial, performance and associated business risks, to result in the award of executable and profitable contracts that grow the business.
- Negotiation experience across a broad range of business matters to shape favorable outcomes.
- Contract administration experience, including but not limited to the identification and appropriate handling of scope changes, legal issues and associated matters, as well as the ability to interpret contract clauses and enter detailed contract data in company databases.
- A basic understanding of Intellectual Property (IP) protection, contracting and disposition strategies in a DoD oriented federal contracting environment.
- Experience with the formulation and negotiation of miscellaneous business agreements including but not limited to Non-Disclosure Agreements, software licenses and Associate Contractor Agreements.
- Experience with compiling and maintaining all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and company policies and procedures, serving as official custodian for all contractual
documentation and correspondence for assigned contracts, and managing the company’s Request for Bid Approval (RBA) process for all assigned programs.
- Ability to author thoughtfully conceived and well written internal and external correspondence on complex business and technical matters to shape favorable business outcomes.
- Proficient computer skills required to prepare appropriate reports and documents to include but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe.
- Professional deportment with confident interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Willingness to perform other related moderately complex duties as assigned.
- Ability to acquire and maintain U.S. Government security clearance.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top