Contract Admin Sr
Contracts position supporting Military Aircraft Solutions (MAS) to perform the coordination, negotiation and management of moderately complex proposals and contracts under minimal supervision. Position requires a comprehensive knowledge of business agreements, government and commercial contracting methods, including policies, procedures and regulations in order to provide appropriate leadership and support during proposal, fact-find, negotiation, and day to day contracting activities. The individual is expected to independently demonstrate leadership in contracting strategy and methods, and be proficient in research and presentation skills. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Maintain and demonstrate a working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement environment, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant Company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, export, FAR/DFARS and other government regulations.
- Independently lead and support proposal activities including, but not limited to analysis of solicitations, preparing summaries and developing strategies and recommendations based on the analysis, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, understanding proposal risks and preparing the proposal documents for submittal to the Customer. Responsibilities also include coordinating with other company functions as required to ensure appropriate reviews are conducted, scheduling required reviews, and obtaining required review and approval signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
- Research and make recommendations on proposal and contract language. Ensure that all necessary functions review recommendations and terms, with minimal direction and guidance needed from the Contracts Manager.
- Lead contract negotiations and collaborate with customers in finalizing contracts under general guidance from the Contracts Manager.
- Research and provide presentations on Acquisition/Contracting topics, strategies, and approaches of moderate complexity.
- Perform all aspects of assigned contract or purchase order processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
- Under the supervision of a Contract Manager analyze and prepare various agreements encountered in the business, such as Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA's), Teaming Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement, Strategic Alliances, and others as the opportunity presents.
- Lead or support fact-finding and other audit activities.
- Participate in final stages of assigned contract by (1) verifying completion of all commitments, and (2) performing assigned activities associated with contract closeout.
- Maintain logs of proposals and other data as required and assist in data collection for monthly/quarterly reporting to Management.
- Act as primary point of contact between the Company and the Customer and for all contractual matters on assigned contracts and projects including auxiliary agreements such as Proprietary Information Agreements. Understand, draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy but under the supervision of a Contracts Manager, commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
- Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and Company policies and procedures. Serve as the official repository for all contractual documentation and correspondence relative to assigned contracts.
- Develop specialized knowledge in an area of contracting such as, but not limited to, international contracting, certain contract types, commercial contracting, joint ventures, strategic alliances and intellectual property.
- May be required by supervisory personnel to prepare contract summaries to assure proper interpretation of the contract(s), perform cost or price analysis and resolution of moderately complex business issues on a special assignment basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top