Contract Admin Sr
This position, based in Stafford, VA supports the pursuit and delivery of Combat Vehicles' international programs.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Working within the Contracts Function of the BAE Systems Combat Vehicles Business Unit, this position will be responsible for proposal development, negotiation and management of complex contract activities in support of our Domestic and International pursuits across the Combat Vehicles portfolio of products.
The position requires an awareness of a range of contracting methods including US FAR based contracts, direct commercial sale and international contracting. Experience with foreign military sale contracting is preferred. With minimal supervision, the candidate will be responsible for shaping business propositions in accordance with company policy.
The development of relationships with both internal and external customers is critical to the success of the role.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement environment, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, FAR/DFARS, export and other government regulations.
- Independently lead and support proposal activities including, but not limited to analysis of solicitations, preparing summaries and developing strategies and recommendations with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort. Participation in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, conducting overall business risk analysis and preparing the proposal documents for submittal to the Customer.
- Clearance of proposals and subsequent contract management in accordance with corporate governance and contract requirements.
- Perform all aspects of assigned contract or purchase order
including; accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
- Serve as primary POC for all contracts, Proprietary Information, & other agreements.
- Support program personnel & provide advice & counsel.
- Draft & negotiate program agreements & coordinate legal reviews.
- Participate in final stages & verify completion of commitments for closeout.
Schedule will be 9/80 work week.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top