Contract Admin Prin
BAE Systems is looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter Senior level Contract Administrator for its Eagle Passive/Active Warning Survivability System (EPAWSS) program that will provide the next generation EW (Electronic Warfare) system for more than 400 USAF F-15's- an opportunity likely to be worth more than $1B over the next 10 years. The EPAWSS program is currently within its development phase which will ultimately result in future Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) and Full Rate Production (FRP) lots. The EPAWSS program is a fast paced, dynamic environment requiring a proven individual contributor to proactively manage contractual scope, customer communication and expectations. The successful candidate will lead all contracting activities for the Eagle Passive/Active Warning Survivability System (EPAWSS) program. This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with company policies, legal and customer requirements with limited guidance or supervision from the Sr. Contracts Manager. The successful candidate will need to interpret and communicate business commitments and alternatives to the program team and management. This position requires an extensive knowledge of government contracting methods, applicable laws and regulations and the ability to develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To perform the coordination and management of moderately complex proposals, contracts and purchase orders involving limited financial considerations or technical significance under the supervision of a higher level contract administrator or manager. The individual is expected to continue to build the basic knowledge, skills and experience required for effective contract management, including negotiations and regular communication with customers and management and develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and demonstrate a working understanding of the U.S. government acquisition and procurement environment, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant Company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, export, FAR/DFAR, and other government regulations. Acquire a general understanding of the different pricing environments relevant in government contracting.
- Support and lead assigned proposal activities including but not limited to analyzing of the solicitation, preparing summaries based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, and preparing proposal documents and submittal to the customer. Responsibilities also include coordinating with other company functions as required to ensure appropriate reviews are conducted, scheduling required reviews, and obtaining required review and approval signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
- Research and make recommendations on contract language and seek guidance on complex terms and conditions from higher level contract administrators and managers. May negotiate routine or moderately complex contracts under the general guidance of the Contracts manager.
- Perform all aspects of assigned contract processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
- Under the supervision of a contract manager, support the preparation of various agreements encountered in the business, such as non-disclosure agreements (NDA's), teaming agreements, memorandum of understanding/agreements, strategic alliances and others as the opportunity presents.
- Participate in final stages of assigned contracts by (1) verifying completion of all commitments, and (2) performing assigned activities associated with contract closeout.
- Maintain logs of proposals and other data as required and assists in data collection for monthly and quarterly reporting to management.
- Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and company policies and procedures. Serve as the official repository for all contractual documentation and correspondence relative to assigned contracts.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the company and the customer for all contractual matters on assigned contracts and projects including auxiliary agreements such as proprietary information agreements. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy but under the supervision of a Contracts manager, commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
- Performs limited cost analyses.
- Performs other duties as required.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top