Configuration Management/Data Management Analyst
The Remote Sensing (SMC/RS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for an experienced Configuration Management/Data Management (CM/DM) Analyst. This position will support the Configuration Management/Data Management Team and will support the SMC/RS acquisition, development, production, and sustainment programs by planning, coordinating, and reviewing CM/DM of the Remote Sensing Enterprise consisting of SBIRS and Weather. Major duties of the position include:
- Support change identification and control of CM documentation in the review, processing and approval of Change Requests (CRs).
- Track, forecast, process, report and document CRs and Change Board activities and ensure artifacts are housed within the CM document repository.
- Participate in SMC/RS Change Board meetings and provide agendas, minutes and resolution of CM issues.
- Develop and implement Configuration Management (CM) activities to meet SMC/RS Enterprise requirements. Task will include preparation for baseline and verification audits, baseline data control, tracking of CM data and artifacts, and validation of CM data.
- The candidate is expected to have direct interface with a wide range of customers and stakeholders at various levels on a daily basis to support the analysis of CRs and CM issues, development of potential solutions, and preparation of acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Candidate will work in a highly collaborative environment with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Bachelor Degree and 2+ Years of Experience
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Experience with SMC, USAF, and DoD acquisition and Systems Engineering processes.
- Thorough knowledge of hardware and software development lifecycles and CDRL development process.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
- Strong computer skills, and must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams. Preferred Skills and Education
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in CM and DM.
- Experience with databases, SharePoint and/or HTML development and sustainment.
- Experience in Technical Publications.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company … BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top