Configuration Management Specialist
We want your talent to support activities for complex avionics electronics systems in our growing avionics business areas.
Controls and Avionics Solutions provides flight and mission-critical products to more than 170 commercial and military customers around the world. CAS products include fly-by-wire flight controls, pilot controls (inceptor systems), full authority digital engine controls (FADEC), power management systems, flight deck systems, cabin management systems, weapon controls, autonomous flight systems, and mission systems the world’s most prominent commercial and military aircraft manufacturers.
Our growing business is located in the Greater Binghamton area which is home to several sports teams, shopping centers, a growing downtown, the State University of New York at Binghamton, several large healthcare employers and some of New York’s top-ranked school districts. The area enjoys a rich heritage with multiple diverse communities with local cuisine and festival celebrations. From the area to an hour out there is access to hiking, skiing, lakes, waterparks, casinos, golfing, camping and vineyards. A 9/80 work schedule gives employees a great opportunity to experience all that the region has to offer and provides a balanced work and family lifestyle. Job responsibilities for the position include:
1. Coordinates the evaluation, approval/disapproval and implementation of configuration changes throughout the life cycle of assigned programs.
2. Author Change Requests and document/promote the best practices for authoring Changes for the assigned programs and/or business areas.
3. Perform updates of Product Structures in the CM System.
4. Perform updates of Documents in the CM System.
5. Perform administrative duties in the CM system such as re-routing or troubleshooting real or perceived issues in the CM Process.
6. Support Migrations and Data Validation when data from other systems is transferred into our CM systems.
7. Support testing and roll out of tool updates for configuration management tools such as PLM tool set.
8. Ensure compliance with proprietary and export marking requirements.
Minimum Education and Experience HS Required Skills and Education 1. Exercises discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
2. Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
3. Exhibits sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers, suppliers and auditors
4. Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports, documents, Product Structures, and Engineering Changes.
5. Ability to learn computer-based tools and systems quickly.
6. Ability to thrive in a busy and fast-paced multi-project environment.
Preferred Skills and Education 1. Hands-on experience using Windchill application.
2. Demonstrated functional knowledge of hardware, software, and firmware configuration management tools, best practices, and industry standards.
Preferred Education- Associates Degree
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top