Configuration Management Solution Architect
The Configuration Management Solution Architect will be a program wide technical resource and thought leader on Configuration Management of hardware, software (including models and simulations), and all products that support the embedded weapon system. The Configuration Management solution must support agile, innovative and rapid response solutions developed using Model Based Engineering design methodology and products. The CM Architect will evaluate and establish the CM strategy and program, with responsibilities including creating/reviewing strategy & policy, implementing CM architectures and standards, CCB set-up and operation, meeting regulatory compliance, and risk identification and mitigation. Responsibilities include:
- Apply knowledge of the fundamentals of configuration management to establish and maintain a system solution that drives consistency of Weapon System performance, functional and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout its life.
- Lead the effort to define short/mid/long term technology and process roadmap for implementing a Configuration Management solution for current and future Weapon Systems (both legacy paper thru transition to Model based design)
- Lead the development of solutions for Configuration Management ensuring the solutions align with business/program needs, architecture, CCB, and technical standards.
- Ensure the review/develop/update of applicable program documentation for configuration/data management relevant requirements.
- Lead the development, implementation, and management of controls, processes, tools, and policies based on analysis, research, and recommendations.
- Define and lead the design of an overall CM solution architecture to address internal/external program needs. Ensure the CM solution is effective in an MBSE/MBE environment as the legacy design methodologies evolve and products change.
- Work with program leadership and operations to understand/communicate proper Configuration Management methodologies and meet with customers as necessary to vet solutions.
- Proactively review and analyze new or proposed CM systems, tools, and methodologies, assessing their risk and their value in support of the CM strategy and solutions.
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users
- Strong partner in discussions with high-level customers, product architects, and other stakeholders to foster solution adaptation.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience thinking strategically and communicating effectively at the most senior levels of government (customer) and program management (company) to articulate an understanding of the impact of Configuration Management on Weapon System mission needs and requirements, and to communicate the value and benefit of Configuration Management solutions
- Experience leading Configuration Management technical solution development, in particular, CONOPS and enterprise/system architecture using leading systems engineering methodologies including application of MBE based artifacts for system integration, support, maintenance, and sustainment
- Experience collaborating across customer and contractor organizations, participating in industry forums and conferences, writing and presenting technical papers.
- Knowledge and understanding of systems engineering processes, industrial engineering, and supply chain systems
- Minimum of five years of experience effectively leading CM requirements gathering, design, and deployment of solutions.
- Broad expertise in developing CM concepts, practices, procedures and assessing impacts on business operations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills; ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Certification in Configuration Management discipline (ie NDIAA, CMII, CMPIC)
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, including scope, cost and schedule, and resource management
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top