Configuration Management Lead
BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors, has an opening for a Configuration Data Management Lead for a large program of significant technical complexity. This position can be located at our sites in Sterling Heights, MI; York, PA; or Phoenix, AZ.
Perform the following activities related to Configuration Management (CM) planning and management. Prepare request for proposal responses and develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs).
Manage control accounts and work packages.
Ensure proper application of CM process in Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
Host Configuration Control Board (CCB).
Establish and maintain the production baseline.
Support the delivery of the Technical Data Package (TDP).
Lead physical configuration audits (PCAs).
Support ISO, CMMI, Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), Quality and corporate audits. Ensure sub-contractor compliance to contracts including delivery of Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs) and TDP elements.
Establish good working relationships with US government counterpart and DCMA Engineering.
Maintain familiarity with industry practices, trends, and applications to enhance the organization's technical capabilities.
Shares responsibility of self-development with supervisor.
Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a technical discipline with 6 years of relevant experience.
- Hardware and Software Configuration Management, Data Management and BOM Management experience at the team lead level.
- Broad knowledge of systems engineering, design engineering, manufacturing processes and logistics engineering functions.
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical drawing standards, specifications, engineering change, product trees, technical reports, and contract data requirements lists (CDRLs) as applicable in Department of Defense contracts.
- Sound knowledge of Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office suite to support metrics, reports and documentation.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good planning, time management and organization skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills for interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a technical discipline with 8 years of relevant experience.
- Formal training in Configuration Data Management (CDM). NDIA CDM certification, CM II certification or equivalent.
- PTC Windchill PDM experience.
- Familiarity with CAD applications, preferably PTC Creo.
- Oracle ERP experience.
- MS Excel advanced user knowledge. Database skills desirable.
- Experience managing complex BOM structures.
- EVMS and Control Account Management experience.
- Experience with program execution in a DoD environment.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top