Configuration Management Analyst
BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 company, is growing our configuration management team and has multiple openings for Configuration Management Analysts to provide configuration and data management technical support including documentation review, deliverable status accounting, change control and configuration audit for supported programs. The CM Analyst will work with the technical team and program managers to coordinate, apply and implement hardware and software CM best practices, standards, policies, processes and procedures. In this role, you will interface with design engineering, project management, supply chain and manufacturing teams.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a diverse team to identify and implement continuous improvement processes in support of quality, cost and schedule objectives.
- Maintain accurate Configuration Management records of program data (e.g., baselines, deployment sites and configurations, requirements, CDRLs/SDRLs).
- Ensure developer compliance to contractual CDRL deliverables through tracking and audits of baselines and documentation.
- Conducting Analyses of Alternatives to recommend appropriate courses of action considering Cost, Schedule and Performance of the program.
- Chair and facilitate Configuration Control Boards (CCB) and Engineering Review Boards (ERB).
- Continually evaluate and assess CM policies, processes and procedures to ensure they effectively meet the needs of the program.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Strong understanding of Configuration Management, Change Management and Requirement Management principles.
- Solid understanding of the software development life-cycle.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable collaboration with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects and related priorities.
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Two+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or supply chain preferred.
- Department of Defense knowledge preferred.
- PTC Windchill experience preferred.
- SharePoint experience preferred.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top