Configuration Management Analyst
Perform configuration management activities related to the development and production of complex systems and equipment in the defense sector.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure application of organizational Configuration Management (CM) processes to program in accordance with CM plan.
- Perform CM tasks that include release of CAD models and drawings, and non-CAD product data into enterprise PDM. Maintain drawings/part data and Bills of Materials in PDM. Process drawing changes.
- Maintain various CM logs, such as for drawing number assignments and Variance tracking. Generate metrics from PDM.
- Support the Engineering Change Management process using ECPs. Facilitate Configuration Control Boards (CCB), Change Implementation Boards and maintain meeting records.
- Maintain the As Designed Bill of Materials (BOM). Support the maintenance of the production baseline. Support the implementation of approved ECPs into the production configurations, and the build of End Items.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of Configuration Status Accounting (CSA) systems and prepare CSA reports applicable to the build of product End Items.
- Support physical configuration audits (PCAs) and functional configuration audits (FCAs).
- Support ISO, CMMI, Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), Quality and corporate audits. Support CDRL deliveries.
- Engineering support in production, supply chain process exposure and ERP systems experience desirable.
- Execute assigned CM tasks ensuring all program obligations and objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Continuously strive to maintain and enhance the technical reputation of BAE Systems with customers and industry.
- Maintain familiarity with industry practices, trends, and applications to enhance the organization's technical capabilities and contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Working knowledge of relevant design engineering standards, manufacturing processes, and configuration management, such as:
- Military standards including MIL-HDBK-61A, MIL-STD-31000
- Industry standards including SAE EIA-649B, ISO 10007, CMMI
- ASME drawing standards such as ASME Y14.24 and ASME Y14.100.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office suite to prepare appropriate reports and documents required. Database skills desirable.
- Experience with PTC Windchill PDM highly desirable.
- Familiarity with CAD applications, preferably PTC Creo/ProE.
- Formal training in Configuration Data Management (CDM). NDIA Configuration Data Management (CDM) or CM II certification preferred.
- The motivation to increase proficiency and currency in the discipline.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Attention to detail, coupled with good time management and organization skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills for interfacing and coordinating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to make decisions using sound, ethical judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- MS Excel advanced user knowledge of complex functions, MS-Access, SQL and VBA coding skills highly desired.
- Experience managing complex BOM structures.
- Oracle ERP experience desirable.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top