COMSEC Security Specialist
- Monitor and execute Communications Security (COMSEC) compliance requirements
- Conduct, maintain, and document monthly COMSEC Crypto inventory
- Ensure currency of keying material for all COMSEC related equipment
- Purchase and maintain accountability for Secure Telephone Equipment (STE) seed keys and replacement equipment to include hardware/software updates, quarterly rekeying, and repair/replacement if necessary
- Maintain correspondence and documentation to provide operator maintenance on equipment as required
- Responsible for the conduct and documentation of Quarterly and Semi-Annual COMSEC Self-Inspections
- Conduct annual COMSEC Training
- Develop, coordinate and implement an Emergency Action Plan that includes procedures for bomb threats, fire and natural disasters that can be used by all users and tested on a quarterly basis
- Maintain the currency of all COMSEC generated correspondence to include Letters of Appointment and User Designations
- Maintain, update, and coordinate the COMSEC portion of the Facility Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Required education: High School/GED
- Three (3) years experience in a security related field, with one (1) year in COMSEC experience required.
- Working knowledge of the NISPOM, DoD Overprint, DoD 5105.21-M-1, , DoDD 5205.8, and AFI 33-201v2 and AFI 33-201v9 required.
- STE Knowledge required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Product Suite required.
Preferred Skills and Education – SAP/SCI Program experience desired About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
People are the greatest asset in any Company …
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top