BAE Systems is building a team of Security Experts to provide information technology and information assurance services, along with multi-disciplinary security and specialized analytical protection support. The COMSEC Manager's primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies and Military Compartments efforts.
The COMSEC Manager will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Conduct secure equipment (e.g., secure telephone and encryption devices) and classified keying material inventories, inspections and other COMSEC related support and oversight functions
- Perform installation of secure telephone equipment (STE) and coordinate to deliver encryption device(s) and keying material to select Information Technology (IT) specialists maintaining classified networks
- Administer a Top Secret inventory and document control program to account for COMSEC equipment and materials
- Conduct inventories per agency policy and reports any discrepancy to government customer
- Courier classified information and author receipts for classified materials
- Ensure Automated Information Systems Security requirements, related to COMSEC duties, are complied with
- Ensure proper physical security accreditation has been issued by designated Program Security Officers for supported facilities
- Train personnel in COMSEC procedures and the use of related equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 5 years' related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- Must have a strong understanding of COMSEC accountability as well as knowledge of the procedures required for the issue and receipt of COMSEC equipment and materials to include inventory and mailing
- Must be familiar with COMSEC requirements and procedures to include the acquisition, maintenance, operations and disposition of COMSEC equipment.
- Must be able to perform regular moderate lifting (approximately 25 - 40 pounds) DoD 8570 compliant with a minimum of CompTIA Security + certification
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program accesses
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with Air Force programs and environment
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Understanding of SAFe/Agile methodologies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.